Saturday, October 29, 2011

Occupy Wall Street?

You know something? I don't really care for the message, the movement, or the debate around Occupy Wall-Street. I just care about the people. It's a movement from the people, by the people, for the people. It inspires me to see thousands of people toughing it out in the winter, relying on each other for not just warmth but strength. It amazes me to see people protesting for their ideas en masse and to stand by those beliefs with such force, vigor, and conviction. It awes me to see people stand their ground despite the powers of the people going against them, the beatings they have taken, the obstructions thrown at them. I hope this movement makes it through the New England winter. It will be our next Valley Forge. It will be remarkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment