Monday, October 18, 2010

Full-swing baby!

Yup, now I KNOW the school year is going full swing. I've tasted the agonies of failures (GRRR, PHYSICS), the pain of stupid mistakes (GAAAH, X^2), and the succulence of Kilkelly brownies (d(^_^)b GOOD!). My sleep schedule is already screwed up, and I've already been studying like crazy for history tests. Life finally seems to be getting back to normal.
Isn't it weird though? To think that my normalcy coexists with school. Hmm, maybe it's because all these new ideas are just so INTRIGUING! I mean, learning about centripetal force (despite my failures) and the derivative of inverse trigonometric functions are just fascinating. Calculus is fun! :) It just takes one simple concept to discover a new range of ideas. Applying the chain rule to create implicit differentiation is just awesome. xD The proofs uncovered from this rule allows for so many different possibilities.

Of course, I also miss Starcraft. Maybe I'll write a tribute sometime to tell just how mind-blowingly awesome that game is despite all the negative stereotypes associated with it. I mean, I miss the challenge of that game. I sucked, but I loved it. The feeling of executing a strategy well, winning through theoretical game ideas, and of outmacroing the other guy, god those were great times. I miss iccup. I didn't even know anyone on there, but the competition drives me. That's what I love about Starcraft, you never run out of competition. It hones the competitive spirit, and it lets you deal with failure so you can push onwards. It's too bad that my skills have probably fallen drastically due to no practice. I doubt I can even execute a 3 hatch muta vs Terran just against a computer anymore. T_T sigh... Man, I can't even watch Proleague despite it starting up. I just HAD to miss that epic matchup of SKT vs KT. And now I SC2 is coming in to replace Broodwar? I call bullshit. That's like saying checkers can replace chess. Never going to happen. W/es, I'll just be crazy then, and get back to SC:BW whenever I can.

Luckily, MEA break is coming up soon. Maybe I can finally get away from all this normalcy. After all, eccentricity is nice too. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment