Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Synonyms, sympathies, and smiles.

I'm very extreme. I'm blissful one day and downcast the next. I love my name Sunny, but I also love the word melancholy.

When something bad happens, I brood over it. When something doesn't go my way, I twist and turn and fumble around trying to get a feeling of failure out of my brain. I let depressing thoughts wash over me, and it's regenerative. It's an outlet, but it's also a hole. My thoughts dig my grave as happiness shrivels up in my mind's casket. The reason I escape is the reason I write this post.

I want to thank my friends who pull me up, by the collar, and force me out of that mindset. I kick, scream, yell,  and whine, but they pull me up anyway through the sheer strength of their words.

As a whole, they are much wiser than I. I'm lucky they share that wisdom with me. I'm delighted they care about me.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment