Monday, June 27, 2011

Into the Badlands

Written on June 25th:

First day of roadtripping with the family. Spent like 5 hours in the car, minimum. My legs died.
Fitzgerald kept me good company. Amory Blaine, what a character. Literate, successful, charming, and Princetonian. I wish I were like him. The book put me into a pensive mood. The fundamental Amory… when will I know the fundamental me?
We visited Badlands National Park. Its beauty astonished me. See for yourself.
DSC_1231
DSC_1241
DSC_1282
DSC_1297
DSC_1302
DSC_1312
DSC_1331
DSC_1334
DSC_1342
DSC_1354
DSC_1373
We went to Wall Drugs after that. Shout out to Sami Meyer for the suggestion. Great suggestion. :) We ate dinner there. I had a Buffalo Burger. Tasted like any other old burger. Walked around, looked through the stores, saw some awesome knives, bought nothing. Then had some ice cream. The ice cream was good, better than anything I’ve had in Minnesota. The milk flavor really came through, and while sweet, it wasn’t too sweet. Newtown, CT has better ice cream though. Newtown Creamery, go if you ever get the chance.
We finished the trip by driving to our hotel in a torrential thunderstorm. My dad managed to snipe this pic before that though. I really like it.
DSC_1411

No comments:

Post a Comment