Saturday, March 10, 2012

How to Senior Slide

Some people say that there is no senior slide... nah, there is. They either choose not to partake in it or don't know how to. The following is a guide for how to senior slide *Warning. If you're not a senior, do not follow this guide. I am in no way responsible for ruining your work ethic, motivation, GPA, etc.*:

1. Stop caring.
2. Do the minimum amount of work possible.
3. ???
4. Profit.

Is that it? Yes. See, at the core of whether or not you senior slide is the question Is anything worth doing worth doing well? The answer is no. Convince yourself of this. It's only worth doing well enough to satisfy you temporarily so you can move on.

Examples examples: Basketball is worth playing. Doesn't mean I'm going to try to become Jeremy Lin.

Linsanity might be over, but this guy is still a boss,

So what have I been up to for my senior slide? TL, Starcraft, exercise, Basketball, reading, sleep, and the occasional Korean drama. Nowadays, I have even been able to watch Knicks/Spurs/Mavericks games on weekdays (thanks Oli.) I've somewhat kept up with the NBA scene. I've read Faulkner's As I Lay Dying, and I'm part of the DRTL on Teamliquid now.

TL;DR: Be a try-hard when it counts. It doesn't count right now. Don't be a try-hard jubjubs.

*This was a response to Ishmam's "The Break is a Lie" found on ishmam.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment