Monday, March 14, 2011

Just a tinge.

Sometimes, I stare into an endless sea of brown, but not hazel like most descriptions. No, rather that deep hue of amber, mixed with the romance of walnut. Add a touch of rosewood, and you probably have it. Yes, it's that color which fills the oceans that I see.
Sometimes, I stare endlessly, thoughtlessly. I'm drawn in like a grasshopper into a venus. I stay entranced, content for those brief moment. My mind leaves me, and I'm left without my shield of realism or my guard of pessimism.
Sometimes, it looks back with joy, with wonder, with excitement. Joy makes me happy, wonder makes me laugh, excitement makes me euphoric. It turns the worst moments into the best. Funny what a little color can do.
Sometimes, it seems filled with sadness, with anger, with hatred. I take on that sadness, wishing to remove every last drop. I want to jump through my desk, down into the abyss, find the root, and eradicate it. I can't be so bold with anger. Instead, I turn away, hoping it subsides. I still see it. Those furious waves crash against my wall of mental fortitude, breaking it down bit by bit. I can only eek out a whisper, "I'm sorry." Hatred is much simpler. I'm thrown into a pit of turmoil and despair. My heart recedes, and cries until the last drop of blood is drained from its ventricles. Only then does it come back, blue without hope.
Sometimes, I realize it's all just imagination. I come back to reality, aware of my surroundings. I look around. In my peripheral, I see a gleam. I turn my head back to that spot. Is it still there? Yes, relief. The trance starts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment