Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Blogging

I was told to blog more by Bradley Dawson.
SHOUT OUT TO BDAWS. Happy?

Okay, now for a real topic. I'mma take a little idea from Heliuchuan  and do a movie review.

So, over the weekend, I watched a fantastic movie called The Fall. If you haven't seen it, well, that's not surprising. I didn't really know about it until recently even though it was made in 2006.
The Fall is a humorously dark tale that shifts between fantasy and reality. It's about a young Hispanic girl called Alexandria and a movie actor named Roy. Roy begins to tell Alexandria stories -- first one about Alexander the great, then a made-up epic. As the movie continues, the lines between reality and fiction blur, and we can see the manifestation of the characters feelings in their epic.

First off, I loved this movie's story. I honestly didn't know what to expect, but it just blew me away. It's very emotionally wrenching. The actors carried out their roles beautifully, and really drew me into it. Alexandria was especially well-played as the little girl had all the innocence yet deviousness needed from a child. Roy was also great, being able to portray the powerful emotions needed for his role.

The best part, though, was the cinematography. My god the film was beautiful. The director apparently traveled to over 20 different countries to film it, and it shows. You know, they say a picture is worth 1000 words, and I'm running out of words. Let's let the pictures do the talking, shall we?



If you want to see more, gallery is here http://www.thefallthemovie.com/

With that, I highly recommend you see it. Personally, I'd give it an 8/10. It's not Shawshank, but it's definitely far above a regular Friday Night movie in terms of quality.

1 comment: