Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Perfectionism

I am such a perfectionist for the dumbest little detail. For some reason, I find it very rewarding to restrict myself to 750 words on my proposal essay for AP Comp. Motes said to make it the perfect length, not to cut it until to X amount. I just happened to decide to limit myself and see what I could do. :/ Idk how it'll turn out. Hopefully, it won't be worse... But man, I really cut a out a lot of words. Like that hopefully back there? Yeah, he'd get thrown out.

The thing is, this perfectionism won't necessarily make my essay better or make me a better writer. Why do I do it? Maybe I'm just weird.

I don't want to be a perfectionist though. I'm too apathetic. Builders are perfectionists. Like Spencer or Sami. I'm not. I just slap stuff together and hope it works. So why did perfectionism suddenly come in again? Maybe I'm a perfectionist at heart, and it rescues me when I need to try and succeed. Maybe I'm really not, and actually have self motivation and self control (LOL YEAH RIGHT!). Maybe I just procrastinated correctly by using Comp corrections as an excuse to procrastinate APUSH. Yeah, that sounds the least tryhard! Let's go with that. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment