Thursday, February 17, 2011

Making it

Once, just this once, I want to make it. I want to make it to state. I want to win state and make it to nationals. I want to please Will. I want us to achieve our potential. I want to win.

To be honest, we've never actually won before this year. Last year, we only won because of a bye, and we ranted whenever we lost. Not so anymore. This year, we were dedicated. Every single time. We practiced with intense focus. We shifted, changed, evolved as time went on. To be honest, we've developed a game sense. :) Objections can come naturally. Cross follow-ups are easy. Even direct feels much more fluid than before.

Now, we have one long weekend and three days to bring our defense team up to par. Can we do it? I don't know. We've been shaky on defense the whole year. But I believe in our team. I believe we can, just this once when the world seems to be supporting us, make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment