Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fond Memories

I recently heard that Toonami is coming back to Cartoon Network. I support this move. While I never watched Toonami much (no cable), I will always enjoy the fond memories of cartoons. But perhaps more at work here is the nostalgia for the past that we all experience. I look fondly upon my memories and sometimes wish I could go back, but I realize it's better to leave that time in peace and look to the future.



This applies right now more than ever. I could look back at high school and think of good times and bad, but to think about that is a waste of time itself. It's better to make memories with my friends. College is knocking on our doors, and soon, it'll pick us up and scatter us to the winds. We'll be hundreds, thousands of miles away instead of 15 minutes apart. Hm, that's kind of sad.

I've enjoyed the experiences together. I'll keep enjoying them. But perhaps this is the allure of Norse mythology: knowing the predestined end while doing all you can to delay it. It's a sense of tragic heroism that rings on in a senior's mind. And still they force us to do Part IV.

No comments:

Post a Comment